Yikes! We have a hurricane headed our way! It wasn't supposed to hit Houston, but last night it turned...
We're packing up our stuff, and planning to head out within the hour. We'll be enjoying an unplanned visit with The Other Griffiths (thanks for taking us in, D,R,J&N!) in Dallas. Our biggest worry right now is the traffic. For Rita, it took us 12 hours to get to Austin (should have been a 3 hour drive) - and that was difficult enough WITHOUT a toddler in the backseat! But, hopefully "they've" learned from the Rita experience, and it won't be so bad...
Wish us luck! I'll try to remember to put up a post when we arrive in Dallas to let you know we made it there safely...
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
yikes is right! i hope your drive is speedy as can be. definitely keep us updated ASAP!!! love you!
I was wondering about you guys when I heard that it turned! I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible. Good luck!
Yes, please be safe and give an update! I was thinking about you guys today when I heard that it was headed your way.
Be safe guys!! We're thinking about you and hope that everything goes smoothly for your evacuation. Definitely keep us posted!!
good luck with the drive! Alan and I were discussing our experience with Rita this morning and feeling glad we are currently landlocked.
Post a Comment