Thursday, September 04, 2008

Promise

It's been a hot, long and hard summer. But this morning, Benjamin and I stepped outside first thing in the morning to hit the park. First thing in the morning is the only time it's been bearable to go outside - so we've been trying to take advantage of that lately, as there are relatively few inside places you can successfuly take a toddler to burn off some energy. And when we stepped outside, what did we discover? That it wasn't horrible! Then just now, I stepped out to our carport to grab a few things from the car, and I was struck by the lack of humidity - the absence of hot, muggy air assaulting me. It was refreshing and gave me hope. Hope that this summer might finally come to an end. Hope that we'll be able to someday soon go outside without slathering on sunscreen, without being consumed by misquitos. Hope that the Fall may really arrive, and end this summer that seems to never end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOOO!!! Don't wish away the summer! I am loving the hot weather. It's back in the 90's here, but I sure don't miss that Houston humidity! I am not ready for the summer to end. We have had so much fun outside (especially since I'm not pregnant this summer!) But, I hear you on the sunscreen...I am getting so sick of that...but it beats snow boots, gloves, scarves, snowsuits, and on and on...

Katie said...

You are welcome to the 60 degrees cool rainy Iowa weather! I'll take hot and humid ANY DAY!

Crystal said...

I hate the hot weather too! Especially if it's uber muggy.