So I was listening to soundbites of children's CDs online (thanks for the suggestions, Steve!), and came across the following. Do you remember this? It's one of my favorites, and I sing parts of it to Mark occasionally. But, he's never heard it, so it sounds especially strange to him.
http://www.jibjab.com/view/69273
Ha ha!
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love that song! I think we actually used to sing it a lot in the time between 4th and 7th grades. :) But why are you checking out Dr. Demento songs to play for Ben??? My dad also always played us the song "Dead Puppies" Good luck song searching...after sitting throught Barney as Colin was growing up, I completely understand the search for unannoying music. I recommend the Seasame Street collection called "Songs from the Stree" i think!
Liz
AAAH! The only memory I have of this song is me being scared while YOU sang it to me!!!
Well, I guess I wasn't that scared! That really is the only time I've heard it, though!
Hi Katherine, this is your big sister Sarah. I'm afraid that I'm responsible for you hearing this song--or actually, it's Uncle Bob's doing. When he came for a visit years ago, he brought a collection called "Fun Rock" that he let me make a tape copy of, which is what I played for you again and again (and again). It had a ton of funny songs on it, like this and "Purple People Eater" and "Monster Mash", etc. I hope hearing this song didn't have any lasting effects, but maybe it did. Maybe you were too young not to be warped by this song. Maybe I was too young not to be warped by this song. Oops. Don't play it for Ben until he's older. Like 30.
Hah Hah! Your website link cracked me up.
Post a Comment