Wednesday, March 05, 2008

He did it! He did it!!

Last night Benjamin SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT! It's the first full night of sleep that Mark and I have both been able to share!

Woo hoo!! We woke up totally ecstatic!

Mark spent five days sleep training/night weaning Benjamin. The first few nights were pretty rough - I think a couple of hours of crying was involved each night. We decided Mark should do it, because Benjamin would get pretty upset at me for not nursing him when I went in. So I actually got a few nights of full night sleep before last night (with the aid of earplugs). Two nights ago, he got up once at 4:30, and Mark helped him back to sleep in 5 minutes. Then last night, he cried out around 12 am (I was asleep already, Mark was up), but settled himself back down.

We are so proud of our boy - and so very thankful for sleep!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is awesome! good for him. and good for mark and you both for making it through and sticking with it. (i can't say the same for us yet.) i hope he continues to sleep well for you. yippee!!! i know you happy you must feel.

Casey said...

Congratulations! Yay!

Katie said...

Congrats - for all three of you! Hope you have a similar report multiple days in a row!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, thats awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

By the way, I hope you are documenting all of this for future patchlings?