So, yes, Ziggy was planned. It's the question everyone always wants to know, and one that I'm always impolite enough to ask, so I thought I should actually answer it. We've been planning for Ziggy for almost exactly one year. I'd been using birth control pills since we've been married (5 years up to the point when I stopped using them), and I wanted plenty of time to get them out of my system, since I'm not a very patient person. :) Plus I read a book on the Fertility Awareness Method which really intrigued me. Basically, you get to know your body and your cycle really well - the method is used as birth control, and also for those trying to get pregnant. We used it for both - and it worked perfectly! The month we decided to first "try" was the month we got pregnant! It was actually somewhat spontaneous though, as my cycle had become more irregular due to the fact I was training for a marathon. I decided to quit training for the marathon for that reason, and the month we conceived was a very long cycle - I didn't ovulate until 4 weeks after my period. I was really glad I was charting, because this was confusing to the doctors, who thought Ziggy was awfully small based on my last period. But when I went for the "dating" ultrasound, we were right on target! The doctor gave us a due date of June 8 - only one day off from my estimate of June 9. Not bad! But I'm getting ahead of myself. It's time for the next entry.

Here's a picture of the second pregnancy test. We took the first test 2 days after my missed period. There was a very weak line that didn't show up well in pictures. We read the directions and understood that you were either pregnant or you weren't, but we decided to withhold judgement since the line was so faint. This second test which we waited to take until 1 week after the missed period re-assured us that I was actually pregnant!
Just kidding, I'm excited!



No comments:
Post a Comment