Sunday, November 05, 2006

1st Month of Pregnancy

Look at me go! I'm in one of those rare productive moods, so I figure I will just keep blogging away. I'm usually distracted enough at work (by work that is - distracted away from feeling yucky) that I'm pretty productive. But at home that's another story. At home, all the work seems optional, and the couch always seems the more attractive option. Mark can attest to that, as he doesn't seem to agree that all the dishes can pile up for washing on Saturday. I did actually help him with dishes twice this week. That was a pretty productive week for me. :)

So month one. For those of you who have already had babies, or know anything about pregnancy, you're going to be thinking "duh" to many of my revelations. But now that I am the one who is pregnant, this is all quite fascinating to me. The first two weeks of month one are freebees. Somedays I wish there were more of those! You start counting your pregnancy from your last period, even though you're not actually pregnant until two weeks later. This helps, because the first weeks of pregnancy seem to go s o s l o w. So by the time you know you're pregnant, you are just about 1 month pregnant (It takes a couple of weeks of pregnancy before you can take a test). The first month of pregnancy didn't bring on too many symptoms. For the most part, sleepiness was the big one. And some moodiness. Little did I know the moodiness was just beginning. :) Nonetheless, we celebrated with a one-month picture when I hit the mark. Pretty much just me, but it's a starting point to document how much my body will change...


1 comment:

Lara said...

You'll never be sad you took these pictures. Or wrote these reflections. And I will ALWAYS read them. I'm an addict already.