I haven't written a whole lot about the kids lately, and as Katie approaches the end of the fourth trimester (really, already?!) and Ben recently celebrated his third birthday (big boy!), I know I owe it to them to document a few thoughts about our lives as a family right now. But, instead, I'm going to post about our most recent accomplishment: Our Studio/Guest Room transformation!
Mark's percussion studio has been abused ever since we returned home from Ike: It became the dumping ground for anything that couldn't find a home. That was then shifted to Katie's room (more on that later). But, finally, we really needed it to be cleaned and organized - as it now also serves as our guest room. Gramma and Granddaddy Griffith came for a 10-day visit earlier this month, so that was our motivation to get it into shape. And we succeeded! We're pretty proud of how we've modified the room and its contents to make it serve both as a percussion studio and as a guest room. Here are the results!
This is the room in studio format. The mattresses against the wall will hopefully someday soon be replaced with a nice-looking wooden cabinet housing a Murphy bed.
Look at Mark's nicely organized desk!
And now, here is what it looks like as a guest room! The blue and green fabric panels that are hanging on the french doors (for privacy) are gifts from Gramma and Granddaddy. They were handwoven in Mexico!
The xylophone and vibraphone roll easily, so are pushed against the window to make room for the bed.
Mark's Cymbal Cabinet gets pushed against the wall as well, thanks to the addition of casters. Good job, Mark!
The other thing you can't see here is that Mark added a lock to the pocket door that separates the dining room from the kitchen --- which helps for privacy and to keep early-rising three year old's out. :)
So anybody wanna come visit and try it out? :)
Next up: Katie's room. Here's the before picture, which actually doesn't do justice to how bad it was, because I spent a couple of hours cleaning it up before I took this picture! :) It's almost done now, so stay tuned...
And another picture from about a month ago, just cause I think it's cute:
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment