We have a talker!! Benjamin's first word is "Da da." We could hear him starting to say it as he was in his crib falling asleep before his afternoon nap today (in fact, we had his door shut, and we were both standing next to it trying to listen as he was practicing) - and then tonight we went out for dinner (Mexican), and he really let loose with his "Da da's."
It was so cool, and we were just both so excited. It's funny, because you know all these milestones are a big deal to parents, but until it's your kid uttering his first word, I don't think you can grasp just how big a deal it was. I felt so moved, and so proud, and so excited that this is the beginning of his communication. It was also just so neat to see his mouth moving to form a new sound, and watch how his jaw and lips moved together to form the sound. So different from the throaty "guh's" and long held "Ahhh's"
And now that he can respond with a legible answer, there are so many conversations we can now have.
"Benjamin, who do you want to change all your poopy diapers?"
I was singing "There's a hole in my bucket" on our way home from dinner. For those of you who don't know it goes like this:
There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza, there's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, a hole.
Well fix it, dear Henry....
Well, how should I fix it, dear Liza...
And right on cue Benjamin chimed in "Da da." He's right. If there were a hole in my bucket, that's probably how I would fix it. Get Da da to do it.
That's our big news of the day! We couldn't be more excited!!
Sunday, February 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats proud mommy! I'm sure Mama will follow soon!
I am excited too! I cant wait to hear the next list of words.
Gabriel is getting his lower region body parts mixed up. Megan has been working to teach him what is what. Of course, his favorite word out them all is "penis".
Now he runs around yelling "Pee Nis" at the top of his lungs over and over. Megan said he did it at Target the other day and she wanted to crawl under a rock.
YAY! How exciting! He must be really smart because I didn't think kids spoke until almost a year old (or at least I didn't)!
Post a Comment