Saturday, Benjamin and I went downtown to Jones Hall to watch Daddy play a family concert with the Houston Symphony!! It was so much fun - and Ben was such a trooper!! We left late, had trouble parking, so arrived just in time. Mark got us a great ticket in the right box. It was an hour long concert - aimed towards kids, and it was really neat to watch Ben taking it all in. He watched the orchestra play, part of the concert involved dancers in brightly colored costumes which really caught his eye, and there were two young boys climbing around on the seats around us, so that was highly entertaining for him too. He got a little fussy a few times, but with the help of a sippy cup of water, and standing up in the aisle to give him a little change of pace, we were able to watch the whole concert!!
He definitely has some of his parents' genes in music preferences - the more percussion, the better! He definitely preferred the strong, percussive movements over the more melodic/reflective ones.
After the concert, Mark, Ben and I went backstage to show Ben off to the musicians. They oh'd and ah'd over him despite his outrageously slobbery face and runny nose. We then walked to Nestle Toll House Cafe for lunch (surprisingly, the sandwiches were good, the cookies only okay). Even though he was way overdue for a nap, he happily ate some cheerios, a crust of bread, and quite enthusiastically tried to drink from my cup of ice water.
We definitely had a fun afternoon. I'm marking my calendar to attend the rest of the season's family concerts!
Ben in our concert seat (don't worry I pulled his socks back on before he lost them).
On stage with Daddy after the concert.

3 comments:
Definitely a very, VERY fun moment for a daddy.
That concert sounds like so much fun! We have an Eddie Vedder loving baby, but a full orchesta show sounds so exciting! I bet Ben would love Kodo Drums!
LOL! Soon Ben will be beating on your pots and pans! Oh, and I am definitely going to have to visit Houston now to go to the Nestle Toll House Cafe!
Post a Comment