Friday, December 22, 2006

Drumroll, please....

It appears that little Ziggy is ... a BOY!!

So, as you know if you've been reading this blog, WE'VE known with 90% probability that he would be a he for several weeks now from the blood screening test. But I wasn't totally believing it for a couple of reasons. First, I was pretty sure he was a girl (guess my intuition's off a bit), and secondly, 10% is a lot of room for error, at least I think.

But we're having a boy. And I can reveal to you one aspect of male behavior already. We went in for the ultrasound, and the technician said "well, I can't really see what it is, because the hand is covering it." She tapped my belly with the ultrasound wand a few times (he didn't want to let go of that thing!), but finally he revealed his jewels for us. So I can prove that a boy's fascination with his tool begins as young as 13-weeks of gestational age. :)

So it's probably a good thing that Ziggy is a boy - since I think Ziggy is more of a boy's name anyways. :) Just kidding, we will be giving him a different name when he's born (and we've already selected one). But I have to admit, he's just so Ziggy to me - it's hard to imagine calling him anything else. Although one new name did come to mind during our ultrasound. After the technician was finished showing us Ziggy's jewels (which are, btw, well photographed - perhaps I can use them in the future to embarass him when he's girlfriend is over?) she showed us some face shots. Now, you have to understand that an ultrasound doesn't show much detail - so we're looking straight on to a very skull-looking object (ie you can see the eye sockets, but now the eyes), then he started opening and closing his mouth. The technician was acting like that was very cute. All I could think of was "Skeletor" (from He-man I think?)














Here he is! This view is looking at him from above. You'll see his head, with his legs sticking out - and also his nice little boy parts. :)




Our own Skeletor!
We hope you all have a very merry Christmas/Hannukah!

6 comments:

Casey said...

So are you calling him Skeletor from now on instead of Ziggy? I vote for Skeletor! Wa ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Katherine and Mark! We are so thrilled for you! We just got your holiday card with all the updated news, and it was great to hear from you. We think of you often!

Katherine, I will keep reading the blog! Having a boy is wonderful- you will make great parents.

Our holiday card is on the way... things have been held up by all the snow we have been getting. Currently we are snowed in for round 2!

Best,
Steph G.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is "yummy lovers luscious mounds"! :) I'm so excited and happy for you both. And Skeletor was from He-Man...you were correct. Thanks for the Christmas letter and now I can read this too.... I am also a blogger but since my new job I've slacked on it...I'll have to give you that address.

Congrats on your baby boy!

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! I haven't been checking your blog while we've been gone, but I am so excited to see the news confirmed. The more boys we have the more normal it will be!

Anonymous said...

Katherine I could not stop laughing as I read this!

heheh

Melissa