It was thrilling at first to have work being done on the house, and not actually being the ones to do it. But then after a couple of weeks, I got a little tired of always having people outside of our windows. I really like lots of natural daylight in the house, so I refused to close our blinds --- so the workers got to know our daily rhythm well. I was made more aware of how I spend my day, since I felt like I was always being watched! I spend a lot of time in the kitchen (particularly because that's also where our washer/dryer are). :)
We didn't get to spend as much time outside doing our own work as I had originally anticipated, as our yard was filled with tools, debris and people working. It didn't feel safe to let Ben run around until most of the clean-up was done, so we actually felt a little stuck inside throughout the process. And Ben has a thing lately for loud noises, so he was really concerned about going outside when they were sawing.
But we're not yet done! We've received two bids on drainage / sprinklers (Steve, I think we're taking your advice and going the way of hiring this job out), and landscapers scheduled to give bids after Thanksgiving. And Mark and Ben are still diligently working away in the garage. More to come!
![]() |




3 comments:
Love the color - it's so much brighter!!!
Looks fantastic.
wow, it's amazing how updated it looks. great choices.
Post a Comment