Thursday, May 13, 2010

Growing Up

Our little man is transitioning to the Early Childhood Community at school!  He is currently in the Toddler II (older Toddler class), but now will be joining the 3-5 year olds in the EC class.  I guess that will officially make him a pre-schooler now! (although he's already been in school for almost two years!).  I'm thrilled for many reasons: One of which is that he's been "acting up" a bit in his class, and his teachers thought the reason may be that he's bored and ready for new challenges. I love that about his school - how knowledgeable the teachers are, as I would have guessed we needed to work on his behavior instead of his environment.

The EC class also does neat things like go to chapel one day a week, has a teacher come in to teach a music/math class, and the summer program is a weekly "theme based" one with lots of special visitors who come to share things with the children.

Our little boy is growing up!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yeah for Ben, the official pre-schooler!!!