So Benjamin is learning how to talk. And he likes to talk LOUDLY. I can hear him all the way across the house. It's pretty funny. I've taken one successful video (I think). Everytime we come near him with a camera (video or still), he gets real quiet and just stares. But he's really funny to hear when he gets talking. It's mostly shreiks, some "ahhs", some "goo's" and even a few "Buh's" every now and then. He's definitely got the volume, and his voice has some melody to it, as he goes up and down. Just thought I'd share.
And the sleep thing - perhaps many of you are wondering how our plan is going. Well it's isn't. Not because the methods failed, but because we haven't given them a really good try. We went on a date one night, had a visitor another night, and then a friend came to visit from out of own (didn't stay with us), but we were out late yet again. Plus I really, really like my evening strolls - and am just not ready to give them up . I can't seem to get out of the house early enough to make it not an issue of interfering with his sleep.
But I've also made another discovery. At least for the time being - he changes so fast, it's hard to make any real-lasting discoveries. He does pretty well getting himself to bed if I put him down in the right window. If I get him too close to sleep, he gets frustrated being put down. If I put him down too early, he's just not tired and wants to party. Last night I found the window, and he went down pretty easily. But then I had to pick up Mark and a friend at 10:15 from Downtown (long story of poorly planned evening (although a very fun evening!)), so I had to wake him up and take him with me. Then he REALLY didn't want to go to bed.
But -good news. Tonight is my first night off from bedtime duty in 4 nights. So Mark gets to figure out the secret for one evening. Ahh, how nice! :)
I tried to post a few new pictures, but I'm getting error messages - so those will have to wait until the next entry. :) Happy week to you all!
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awwww... so cute! I can't wait to see you guys this weekend!
cool! evan and ben will have to have a chat with each other.
One more day!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment