How I'm Feeling:
Really, pretty great! I thought I would be much more uncomfortable by this time (I'm writing this at 32 weeks). The round ligament pain has actually decreased - although can still be somewhat pronounced when I try and roll over in bed - and I don't really feel all that big. I'm surprised sometimes when I look at pictures or catch my profile in the mirror. Clothes are a bit of a problem, though, as the current style of empire waisted maternity clothes do NOT look good on me. Fortunately, I have been loaned/given a bunch of clothes by my friends and sister-in-law, so I am pretty well-outfitted. :)
Ziggy's Getting Stronger!
Our boy has become quite the acrobat in my belly, which fascinates me to no end. It's gotten to the point where you can actually see my belly shake when he kicks hard enough. Of course, every time I try to get Mark's attention so he can see as well, Ziggy decides he's had enough. Mark can usually catch some acrobatics in the middle of the night when I'm sleeping. And a few nights ago he was kicking with unbelievable force. It amazed both of us.
Baby Preparations:
In my own OCD world, it makes sense to me why I have to have the kitchen finished and our new office completely organized (including all my filing from my inbox done) before I start on the nursery - but we're running out of time! So I did allow myself the luxury of finishing the organization of the kitchen, since Mark recently cut another shelf for our pantry and added a shelf to our spice pull-out drawer! So, yeah, it's ALMOST done!! In fact, the only thing left is for Mark to stain a little piece of the underpart of a peninsula cabinet that hangs down over the counter. We'll probably have to do something to celebrate when it is officially done.
Our computer and most of our day-to-day office items have been moved to our formal dining room, and I love the new location of our desk. It's right in front of the window, so I can see a bit more of the world, and next to the kitchen making it easier to get snacks! I've mostly got the stuff in here organized, but just have (as always) an overflowing inbox and a small stack of random stuff to deal with. That small stack is about to get huge, though, as today I HAVE to clear out the rest of our office stuff from the nursery. Mark is going to steam clean the carpets (first time since we moved in) and put up a closet organizer in the nursery. We've also got some painting to do - the nursery walls (we're leaning now towards a gray), and a dresser and bookcase (probably just an off-white). Fortunately, we have reinforcements coming in to help with the nursery (yeah for mom!), so we may wait to do the painting/organizing in there until she arrives (early May). Fortunately, most of the essential furniture has been taken care of - my parents are giving me the crib and rocking chair they used for my sister and I, we're using a small bookcase that Mark built a few years ago, and Mark's bro and sister-in-law gave us a dresser that they are replacing. The dresser needs a little TLC - a new back, and fresh coat of paint, but it sure beats the hassle/cost of going out and buying a new one! We're going to use the dresser as a changing table - and because it is painted, we can screw the changing pad right on top.
Baby classes:
We've got a ton of classes planned over the next couple of months. We're currently about halfway through our Bradley classes. We've also taken a 1-day hospital prepared birthing class. We're also signed up for a Life with Baby class (necessary, we have little-to-no-experience with newborns), Breastfeeding class, and an infant CPR class. Whew! Our last class is on May 23, so as long as the baby doesn't come more than two weeks early, we'll get through them all.
Vacation/Travel:
We've had/planned a lot of travel in this last trimester. We wanted to see our out-of-town family and friends before we are confined to the house with the new baby. :) I took a three day weekend in mid-March for our "Baby Moon" - and although Mark had to work a bit through it, we had a grand time. It mostly involved going out to eat at all our favorite places, daily naps, and we even went OUT to the movies - something we don't do very often. We saw Amazing Grace - which was quite good.
At the end of March/Beginning of April, we took a trip to Colorado to visit my high school friends. We'd all had this trip planned for over a year - and our host was 37 weeks pregnant herself ! Fortunately, she waited until the day after everyone left to have the baby. We left a bit early, so I don't know if we can claim credit for inducing her (we have this amazing effect on our friends - who seem to go into labor shortly after visiting us) - although a 5-day delay isn't so bad! We had a great time, and I even went on a short hike!
For Easter, we went to Dallas to visit Mark's parents and brother & sister-in-law. We had a lot of fun - including an evening at a local rodeo!
Next weekend, we are going to Wimberly, TX to visit my aunts. The weekend after that, Mark's parents are going to visit us (unless our newest nephew hasn't made his appearance by then). The first weekend of May, my mom is coming to visit and to help us finish the nursery. Then the second weekend of May, we are planning another trip to Dallas to meet our new nephew and to see my sister-in-law's dance recital. Whew! By that time, we'll just be a few weeks from my due date, so we'll spend the last few weekends at home resting and preparing.
And here's my (roughly) 7 month picture - I've been much worse lately about taking them on time! I used to take them on the very day that I hit the mark! (this is about 31 weeks)
Here's Mark and the belly! :)
And finally, a family shot of the 3.5 of us. Willy tends to get a bit confused, because apparently the voice I use to talk to the baby is the same voice I use to talk to Will.
Hope you are all well! Thanks for reading my blog!
1 comment:
Seriously, you're doing amazingly well considering you far along you are. Katherine was quite impressively active when she was out here visiting in CO, although I was comparing her to myself at 38 weeks along. Keep up the fun...and the blog posts!
Post a Comment